Fluoro Guided Steroid Injection of the Hip
Now being offered at our
Warren & Edison Imaging Centers
Used to diagnostically differentiate pain of the lumbar origin from pain of the hip joint origin.
- Under fluoro guidance the radiologist will confirm intrarticular
- The radiologist will then inject a few ccs of 1% Lidocaine and
Depo-Medrol (40 to 80mg per the patient prescription).
- Following the procedure, the radiologist will ask the patient to get off the table, perhaps take a few steps and get in and out of a chair to assess if they note an immediate change in their symptomatology.
- The radiologist will note their observation in the report. The patient will then be asked to keep a diary/log over the following days (until their follow-up visit with their physician) to note what the time course of their recovery, if any, might be.
- Patients on blood thinner or anti platelet drugs need to be identified before exam is scheduled.
- Use CPT Code: 20610